A $250 Power Conditioner?

Howard reviews the Puron, which is a small AC power conditioner ($250 USD) "plug" that is distributed by Vera-Fi Audio. It’s said to cleanse the electronic circuit that feeds and audio system. Many tweaks cost a pretty penny for little or no performance increase. Is that the case here?

128x128russter

Showing 5 responses by milpai

Question to Puron users:

I have only 1 Puron installed on the empty port in the 20 amp dedicated line that feeds the power conditioner. The other 20 amp dedicated line is used to power the brick that powers my audio server (windows machine). Since it is a SMPS, I am wondering if it will benefit, by adding another Puron on that empty port.

Thoughts?

@jayctoy ,

I did get one a few days ago and I was astonished. I was not ready for this kind of improvement it brings. A cursory information of what this thing does would have been helpful, instead of thinking that this filter adds some pixie dust to music making.

BTW I have added Puron pics to my system.

@jayctoy, @soix 

I am planning to get another one and check out for myself.

@questforhifi 

I am trying to understand what you mention. If Puron adds it’s own noise, how come more details are revealed, sound stage seem to expand in all directions, there is an increased holography and music in general seems dynamic. Something else is going on here. Not sure what it is though.

@jayctoy 

I added the second one on the other 20amp outlet, and it is not going to come out. I don’t want to sound like a shill. So I quietly updated my system page.