500 to spend on int.amp,help me match with gear.

Currently using Yamaha RXV1000 to power PSB Alpha A/V (6ohms)with Music Hall MMF CD25 connected to 5.1 inputs. Current set up sounds a little harsh, and I like a smoother sound. AQ Diamondback ics, Monster Original speaker cables. I also dont want to mess with tubes. Would consider used SS stuff. Thanks for the help!
bundee1
I second the Audio Refinement, one day my friends and I compared one to a Levinson 383 ($6000) and while the Levinson was better (with B&W 803's) we were all amazed that the Audio Refinement was not only listenable but had at least 80% of the detail and tone of the Levinson. Not to mention it seemed quite powerful too.

hope this helps
I have three systems in my house. From what you are telling people, I would recommend the Acurus DIA 150. It is an int. amp that has a killer sound. They sell new for I think $1500. You can find them on AG between $500-$650.
Read about this amp and I think you will find it is a beautiful sounding amp with plenty of power to push any speaker out there.
Good Luck with your search.
I own an audio refinement now and think it is a great integrated. Others to consdier would be a Mistral, anthem INT 1 or 2. You can sometimes find them in your price range. Creek is also a good suggestion. If you don't like the harshness, I would stay away from the Rotel. Just my opinion.
Rega Brio - we sell a lot of 'em to customers in exactly your situation. Great sound, bargain price.