432 EVO

Thought I would start this thread to gauge interest in this network streamer. I have been following it for a little while now. Just wondered if anyone else had this on their radar. Any comments from current owners would be great.

https://432evo.be/
128x128falconquest

Showing 3 responses by mahler123

I haven’t looked at the videos yet, not accessible at the moment, and all the comments about product availability distracted me, but what does this thing do?  Does it store files at a different tuning than what they were recorded at?
HIPP Orchestras get a lot of mileage touting different tunings.  Some of them even have their preferred tuning listed in the name of their ensemble, although I hadn’t encountered this love for 432 before.
Tunings have evolved for a variety of reasons, one of which is thermal stability, another is humidity...I have a friend who plays in an HIPP Orchestra that was complaining bitterly after a Florida tour.
   On a music server, these factors won’t matter, so perhaps there is some logic to it. And digital restorations of historic recordings will frequently correct tuning and pitch errors that they claim were incorporated at the source...check out the work of Andrew Rose and Mark Obert-Thorn, among others.  So I guess a server that digitally adjusts pitch and tuning is the next logical progression.   I would try to keep an one mind until I get to hear it, but I admit that I am biased against the concept of reproducing music recorded at a different tuning than playback.  Call me a Luddite