2023 AXPONA Show Report

Here's all the Exhibitors at this year's show  

https://axpona.com/exhibitors

You all got to hear the all new Mon Acoustic Supermon Isobaric Speakers and Sanctus Cables, they must be heard to be believed ! They will at Booth 646 at this Show !

Who's going to this Show ?

rick2000

Showing 4 responses by mgrif104

First time attending for me. I went on Saturday and hit rooms I had mapped out earlier.  Some really quick observations:

Kyomi Audio - showing MBLs and easily the best set up I heard while there.  I will be speaking to George further about the speakers and Ideon DACs.

Magico - about what I expected.  Very detailed and revealing, but dry and not my cup of tea.

Vinnie Rossi/Rockport - I was quite interested in hearing this setup but came away disappointed. It must have been the room because I’ve heard Rockports before and loved them. I’ve had my eye on the Brama gear from Vinnie Rossi (beautiful aesthetics and interesting tech) but this was a really disappointing showing for me.

T+A - I own some of their gear and was hoping to chat w/ the people there, but the room was crowded with little opportunity to interact with them - at least while I was visiting.  Sound was hard to judge but was better than the Magico and Rockport previously noted.

GTT - showing Vivid speakers and Audionet electronics. This room sounded pretty good, but I didn’t come away thinking it sounded great like MBL.  Regardless, I could never live with the speakers. 

What did others think?

Best,

@ronboco 

The room I saw them in were the Atria IIs showing with Vinnie Rossi Brama electronics. I understand they were in another room but I didn’t get to that one.

Rockports are one of my favorites - so it was pretty disappointing. The room was small and the setup essentially nearfield.  It just didn’t work - for me at least. Perhaps it was also the music selection.

Best,

@ronboco 

Agreed - would also like to hear the Lyra - and the new Orion.  I’m sure they’re spectacular.  But, too big and too expensive for my smallish room.

Well, reading through this thread, I’m now wishing I had spent more time. As a first timer with just a half day, I was a bit rushed and very selective in what I stopped to see/hear. I clearly missed a bunch. 

As I noted previously, I was disappointed w/ the Rockport/Vinnie Rossi room though Jonathan Valin thought it great.  Hearing/seeing this integrated amp was one of the reasons I went to the show as it was potentially on my purchase list.

On the other hand, he and i both liked the MBL room.

Harley also loved the Magicos, but I don’t think i could live with them. Perhaps I should have stayed for a longer listen.

I would agree with @blisshifi that the T+A room (perhaps my favorite electronics  mfg) was mixed. I didn’t get any time in the sweet spot., I had high expectations but was disappointed they were playing music to demo a system instead of music to listen to. At least while i was there.

So much more I didn’t hear/see. So I guess I’ll have to go next year and do a better job of organizing my day around it.