2023 AXPONA Show Report

Here's all the Exhibitors at this year's show  

https://axpona.com/exhibitors

You all got to hear the all new Mon Acoustic Supermon Isobaric Speakers and Sanctus Cables, they must be heard to be believed ! They will at Booth 646 at this Show !

Who's going to this Show ?

rick2000

Showing 8 responses by erik_squires

Fritz called me yesterday.  He's not at the show but shipped the speakers to Atmasphere. 

Fritz usually brings several acoustic panels with him and that's about all they need.

@advanced101 

I notice you have a Luxman amp.  Are you using the A50's as fully powered speakers, or just the bass section? 

Have you seen the AM Acoustics room mode simulator? It helps place speakers outside of the worst room modes, and your listening room too.  Have you measured your room? I'm curious how great you can make it sound if you took full advantage of the DSP capabilities of those amps.

The few rooms I find listenable at most shows are Fritz and Vandersteen. I highly encourage anyone to go listen to them if they want to know what I think good speakers should sound like.

Thanks @advantech - I can't believe anyone uses Reddit since I find it so hard to read/navigate a thread.

I notice you place them with no tilt-back.  Have you listened while sitting on the floor?

@advanced101 

That's interesting!!  I wonder how much the wide baffle helps. I have always felt that a wide baffle "pushes" the sound in a direction, so having the drivers on the inside could keep the dispersion inwards.  I don't have a lot of measurements to back this up. 

How wide is your listening room, and where do you have them set up?

@decooney I am a Scanspeak fan, yet I remain skeptical the new Ellipticor mids are a significant step above the Illuminator mids they have already. They are about 8x more expensive than the already pricey Illuminators and commercially will probably not appear in any speaker less than $50k.

The delta in performance between the two really needs to be extraordinary.

I personally would like to hear back from those visiting the ScansSpeak room.  They are demonstrating their Ellipticor midrange domes and I'd like to know if in fact it is the best midrange you've ever heard or not.

Thank you. :)