15 amp circuit VS. 20 amp Circuit

Hello,

I’m in a situation where my audio room has one ( three outlets ) 15 amp circuit. It appears to me that the 3 outlets in this room are connected in series , meaning drawing current from one outlet will drain the other two .

For 2 channel audio , I have connected my C12000 pre amp, McD12000 and through MPC1500 conditioner and to one of the 15 amp outlets . This should be okay? However, problem could arise once I connect the McIntosh 1.2k power AMPs to the other 2 outlets.

I would like to know if I need any dedicated circuit for my equipment . It appears I need more power than 1400 watts ( 15 amp circuit can provide ) when I use my home theater Where I will have Four 1000 watt woofers and 3 additional AHB2 amps.

Question :

howmany dedicated 15 amp or 20 amp circuits do I need to ensure smooth power without dimming the lights around the house / prevent possible fire ?

Please provide your suggestion based on the below equipment .

DAC: McIntosh MCD12000

Power Conditioner: MPC15000

preamp : McIntosh C12000

AV Processor : Marantz 7015

power AMP: Two McIntosh 1.2k

power AMP: Three AHB2 , one used in MonoBlock

Streamer : One Streamer

128x128joshziggie2021

I'm assuming you don't run 5 power amps at the same time.  In reality,  your entire system, when running, probably draws +/- 5 amps.  Your 15 amp breaker can handle a constant draw of 12 amps, and shorts bursts above 15 amps without tripping.  Yes the lights might dim for a second when you fire the amps up, but that's a momentary rush of current.  If running dedicated lines makes you feel good, go ahead.  I doubt you will ever notice a difference in sound.  IMHO

I will run all 5 power amp at the same time . And it will be for home theater .

the light dimming issue, is happening with every base when I turn up  volume .

each subwoofer is 1000 amps , so potentially , 4000 watts can be drawn  just by the amps . While the 15 amp circuit can provide max 1800 watts. ( I’m better off to use a 20 amp circuit just for subs )

now with 3 bench mark at average 300 watts per amp , that’s about 1000 watts just from the 3 benchmark amps —-> , that can stay on the shared 15 amp circuit

the 2 McIntosh 1.2k amp, each can draw 1200 amps ( so definitely a dedicated circuit just for these 2 )

Adding up your wattage, I would recommend (4) dedicated 20amp circuits. Circuit 1 Have the MPC1500 with the MCD12000, C12000,  SR7015 & Streamer. Circuit 2 (2) MC1.25KW, Circuit 3 (2) AHB2, Circuit 4 (1) AHB2.

this is taking full capacity, which probably never used but done by the spec’s

When not just put in dedicated 20 amp outlets bigger 10 or 12 awg Copper wiring 

I used awg 10 using a 4 wire setup my audiophile friend  showed me .

hot ,neutral , common ground ,and a isolated insulated ground  on its own buzz bar and grounding  it works great and always quiet not sharing common ground with 

everything in the house.