$10K budget? Look no further, EMT 948 NIB

So what does 10K buy in turntables these days? Tired of those look alike belt drive tables, the over priced Garrard idlers and the hum drum Technics DD tables?Want something that nobody in your gated community of McMansions has?
Well how about a brand new in the box EMT 948 direct drive studio turntable. Check out the pictures while they last. He says it’s complete but never shows a picture of the platter. More than likely an over site.
I doubt this will last long, stumbled on it looking at broadcast idlers.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265272476955?hash=item3dc378c51b:g:e7kAAOSwxLdhG~CE

On edit: There is the platter in the box.
BillWojo
billwojo
Watch what you call “humdrum”, buddy, especially if you’re interested in broadcast idlers. I’d take an SP10R over that 948 any day, and for less money brand new with warranty.
In my opinion, there is no compresence. Although the new SP10 is a nice table, it's no EMT.
As long as you know that the SP10R is a modern turntable just recently introduced by technics which uses a coreless motor. I was not referring to a1970-vintage  SP 10 or an SP 10 Mk2. Now the old SP 10 Mk3 probably is on par with the SP 10 R. So long as you know all that then touché.  Have you heard both the new SP10R and the 948 in a system with which you are familiar? I have not.
Who cares I want it.. Two if you got um.. One of the best.. I'll take a 750 Fairchild too.. I have a 16" platter just waiting for a new home. Mine was nicked 6-7 years ago.. I'll find one local with a local artisan hardwood cabinet.

EMTs use to have the coolest plinths. Great for recording XLR equipped R2Rs too.. Good "STUFF"

Regards
i own an EMT 948 myself, it’s a fine turntable. i use it to play my mono pressings.

i have the stock tonearm removed, substituted a stainless steel armboard, and use a Durand Kairos tonearm with my Miyajima Infinity Mono cartridge. i don’t use the on board phono circuit.

i owned both a Technics SP-10 Mk2 and SP-10 Mk3. those were more neutral sounding to my ears, but the EMT 948 might be a little more ’sexy’ sounding than either of the Technics. low noise, nice bass. i use a custom wood plinth. the EMT 948 is a broadcast machine designed to be dropped into a desktop with space for the cage frame below. so installation is not standard tt stuff.

$10k for this one? it's 'all the money' i think. i have a friend who owns a couple NOS (new old stock) EMT 948’s. 10 years ago i used one of his NOS EMT 948’s in my system for a couple of years. never really liked the arm. opinions about an EMT 948 typically involve that arm.
Agree with Mike L. I would ditch the EMT tonearm and the built in phono stage. Then it would be interesting to compare it to a Mk3 or 10R in similar livery.