10" self powered sub-woofers.....

I was using an NHT B10 d to supplement the bottom end of my Acoustat 100 hybrid speakers...  electrostatic panel over an 8" woofer module.  Due to the unexpected death of one of the subs in our living room I decided to move the B10 d there, to augment an NHT C10, and replace the sub in my listening room/office.
Since I've had good experiences with Stereophile Recommended Components over the years I decided to look up their recommendations on 10" subs and found a Martin Logan Dynamo 800X which is a 300 W 10" sub with ARC and phone app controls. It also meets the maximum width of 14.0" I have available for it.  The other alternative is the also recommended JL Audio E110 at about double the price.  Since there really aren't any salons in Miami to go listen to this gear being able to return it after 60 days or thereabouts if it doesn't work as contemplated is essential.  I can get the ML from Music Direct or Amazon... probably Best Buy too.
Any other recommendations are welcome as long as they meet the 14.0 maximum width criteria, are self powered and designed for music as a primary application vs. home theater explosions.
Thanks

midareff1
@doctors11 I guess this is the last post by me on this subject unless someone wants to PM me about some aspect of this I haven't either posted on or been clear about.  Sub is now up on spikes, Audioquest 90 degree RCA adapters, .Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 cables ..Audioquest NRG-X3 power cord, on it's spikes + some additional weight for the spikes to couple...  some additional lead weight on the top to help the spikes get solid through the carpet......   no consequential changes anticipated.
Karrin Allyson's In Blue Album.....   Qobuzz ...   beautiful.  Lots of low double base, some organ and low piano notes...   all articulated beautifully.
Patricia Barber's A Distortion of Love Album....  also Qobuzz  beautiful ...  Lots of low double base, some organ and low piano notes...   all articulated beautifully. 
If you want a ghetto banger sub this may or may not be for you...  I have no idea.  If you like jazz, club and lounge presentations and such I can tell you this sub will follow a double bass riff to the bottom that the double can play.. 

Sub + decent power cord + decent cables and RCA adapters...  a $1100, maybe a bit more....  what's your bottom octave worth?
Great stuff @midaref1 ! I'll probably be going down that road in about a year from now...let's see if it remains in the number 1 spot at that time.

Now it's time for you to just enjoy your music!
@ doctors11
I guess this count be a 4 - 5 month report card on the ML.  Final install was with the 90 degree RCAs from Audioquest and a 9' run of Blue Jeans Cables LC-1.  Will consider changing the LC-1 to Straighwire Encore if a nice used 9' pair ever comes up on fleebay.  Probably would not be able to hear a difference anyway but would like to see, but not for $400.
Integration finished up nicely with the hand off to the 8" woofers in the Acoustats and their subsequent handoff to the panels all seamless.  Just various instruments playing what they play from low organ and double bass/fiddle all the way up.  Familiar pieces with new notes to be heard on the bottom. Zero regrets looking backwards on this one.
Nice to hear your entertaining journey in the deep end. 

As a Double Bassist I'd suggest another Patricia Barber interpretation from her twenty seven year old MoFi 45 RPM release of Cafe Blue's "Ode To Billy Joe." 
Popularized by Bobby Lee Gentry your guests will be sing-along familiar but slapped in the face with the fidelity of Jim Anderson's microphone placement and his unique mic pre-amplification recording of Michael Arnopol's instrument. 
The gain on my DD Plus' is almost off for the LP recording. 

And of course, anything from the White House Bassist Christian McBride, is a lesson in the importance of intonation and time.

Speaking of intonation, young talent Lorraine Campert. Scroll down the You Tubes.
https://www.thomasmartin.co.uk/instruments-for-sale/old-double-basses/james-cole

An ear opining example of post production decisions or capitulation can be clearly heard on most any system or TV with 'McCARTNEY 3,2,1' currently on Hulu.
Rick Rubin and Paul McCartney discuss many of the groups writing influences.
Using what seems to be original recordings and a like for like board Rubin lays bare the level of control of McCartney's Bass lines and the productions masking of some of the most 'to die for' Bass tone and technique that never quite made it clearly on their releases.

All the best

Paradigm subs even the most affordable line use ARC room correction and it's usually easy to get a discount on their stuff