Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Morganc, My source right now isn't ideal for the Superfly's (Cary/Dared tube pre and B&K 200.2 amp), but I've been planning a upgrade/change on these anyway in the near future. I know that the Superfly's sound best with all tubes, but frankly I've grown tired of messing with them. I want something with less maintenace, less noise and a remote control, and easier and safer for my family to operate when I'm at work. I spoke to Sean over the phone about this, telling him that I wasn't in love with the idea of going all tube again and he started recommending the Omen Def, with my current equipment, since it's designed to be more SS freindly. But after I told him I was going to be switching down the road anyway, and that I was targeting the Virtue Audio 901 Sensation w/tube buffer, he changed his tune. He told me that he has heard this exact combo at a show with Seth (designer of the Virtue amps) and he was amazed at how good it sounded. He said it bettered the Krell and Levinson reference equipment they had with them. Sean said they have some non-tube Virtue amps at the Zu shop that they mess around with and they sound a little colder and a little sterile without the tube. The added tube seems to make things come together and adds the sweetness that these speakers like. It seemed to be one of the few SS amps he would recommend for the Superfly's. He thought I would be very pleased with this combo.

I'll let you guys know...
"Holy crap. Have you guys read the 2010 Q4 entry in the company history part of their page?"

Hi Gopher, yes I have read this, and it takes some serious guts for a company to be so open about what has gone on.
For me it just makes me proud to own their products, it is a breath of fresh air to have such honesty in the industry.

James
Gopher, Whew, that's tough! While at first being surprised that they would lay it all out there like that, I realize that by the end of the page, I find myself only feeling sorry for them that it happened. So maybe it was the right way to explain things? And, the build-up of history also lets you put into perspective that - companies having growing pains. This isn't their first one, and probably won't be their last one, but they've proven before that it won't stop their dedication to continually put out new and innovative products because it's their passion. And whoever has talked to Sean on the phone would know it. He exudes it.
I Agree.....that is a nice honest gesture to clear the air and explain some of the crazy pricing strategies over the last 6 months. I'm glad I got mine when I did, but I know this company will be just fine.....they are honest, committed to excellence, hard working, devoted, and not just feeding the world a different lie everyday as some in this business have done ALa Shady Shifter. It's called growing pains, and the thing a successful company does when problems arise is fire the trouble makers ASAP and move on. I'm loving my Zu's and will likely buy more in the future. Sean and Adam are always a pleasure to talk to.
Well boys and girls I bought the SSF for a friend. He is buying my AS S30 amp.

We now need to buy the source. I need help with buying a Hrz Dac for 2K that can go direct into the amp. The Dac will run with a MM.

Any thoughts?