Zavfino prima mk2 speaker cables

Hi,

anyone using this cable,? Looking to upgrade from Kimber 8TC

thanks

carybryston

@williewonka 

Do you have your own cable manufacturing facility in your backyard or garage? Or you just buy cables from an actual manufacturer (or import from China) and resell them? Just curious.

Post removed 

@classicrockfan - I design and develop (i.e. build) cables for my own use only in my basement

Basically they are prototypes, since a single cable as published may go through several iterations before being posted

Once I am happy with a cable’s performance I post the details on how to build them on my website for any DIYer to see and copy

I’ve always built my own cables, starting with bulk cables from companies like Van den Hul, Furutech and DH Labs

An audio buddy had suggested I create a web site that contained all of my audio tweaks, like components isolation, cartridge tweaks and of course cables

Soon after it’s creation I started getting emails from people interested in audio DIY, many of them specifically WRT cables. Several people, from around the world, provided suggestions on how I could improve performance.

About 12 year ago I was contacted by Keith Louie Eichman of KLE Innovations, who had read my review of the Silver Bullet RA plug. He asked if I would review the KLEI line of RCA's. Following on from those reviews I was aksed to review their cables. During that time I learned a lot about cable design, so I decided to try building my own cables from scratch, using a cable geometry that made sense to me, using an old CAT6 network cable - and my Helix DIY cables came into being.

I would try each suggestion and if I found it provided a discernible improvement, I posted it on the web site

• The site also includes USB and XLR designs from other people that adopted the basic HELIX DIY geometry. E.G.
    • there is a biwire speaker cable design from an Audiiogon member @toddverrone - many thanks
    • The approach of using two conductors for the signal conductor and also using two wires for the Helix Neutral conductor, came from Audiogon Member @wig - many thanks

My basic ethos of the DIY Helix design as outlined on my website is:

• it should be easy to build
    • e.g. some people prefer using a double wires for the Helix Neutral. but tis gets expensive and is more complicated to build
  • the cables should be made from parts that are readily available i.e. globally
    • e.g. some people have recommended wires and connectors that can be troublesome to source in other countries
  • Each new revision of the Helix design must provide discernible improvements that are cost effective.

Since some people that seek my opinion may not really be into DIY, so I take a look at the website of various brands, to see if they have construction details. If those details allign with my own thoughts on cable design then I will recommend those cables..

The brands I tend to recommend are

• Audio Envy - great solution for the budget consious
  • Zavfino - for a more high tech approach
  • Hijiri -- for those interested on very high performance cables

So that’s about it.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards - Steve

I've just ordered a pair of Prima mkii speaker cables and jumpers from Zavfino's UK distributor with a return option if I don't like them.

Read so much about Zavfino, all positive, plus @williewonka 's recommendation for those of us who do not possess the patience and skill to build their own, that I felt compelled to check them out. With a return option, I thought it's a win-win 😊

Can't wait to hear them 👍

@painter24 you definitely have the speakers to communicate the differences in cables. Let us know how you get on with them 😉