your top 5 classical cds

hi there, getting into classicals lately...what do you suggest. can you list your top 5 classical cds?
cyanzky
I'm going to limit my recommendations to economy CD's as they are usually more readily available. Based on your enjoyment of the Rach PC#2, I would suggest you listen to his PC#3 and his Symphony #2. You would probably also enjoy Tchaikovsky and I suggest his PC1, his VC, and his Symphony #6 as good starting places. The Sibelius Symphony #2 is also highly recommended. For economy selections I enjoy Askenazy in the Rachmaninoff and Sibelius, and in the Tchaikovsky look for RCA recordings on Living Stereo or Mercury Living Presence (all reissued on CD).

For Violin Sonatas, if you haven't already tried them, Beethovens are by far the best place to start. 1st priority for be #5, the Spring and #9 the Kreutzer. The Archduke Trio is also excellent. Much to choose from but for economy discs I like Ashkenazy's.

You might also try some solo piano - I would suggest a great starting place would be Chopin's nocturnes, ballades, and sonatas - Bidet on Naxos is excellent. The Beethoven sonatas - Brendel is classic and his older recordings are better than his latter ones. Try Liszt Sonata in B - this is a big piece. Also try Debussy's preludes - Goode on Nonsuch if you can.

Enjoy, and come back to visit............
I'm very impressed by Vaughn Williams Symphony No.7 "Sinfonia Antartica" on the Naxos label.
-Chopin- Nocturnes
-Verdi- Requiem both Deutsche Grammophon
-Shostakovich trio no 2 violin, cello, piano & Sonata for -cello and piano (Yo-Yo Ma, stern, Emanuel Ax (CBS records)
-A window in time Rachmaninoff- this is a modern reproducing piano reproduction of Rachmaninoff playing the piano- both his own work and that of others. While it (predictably, givin its production method) sounds rather mechanical, it is worth it if only for the idea it gives of both the skill of a highly regarded pianist and the insight into how he intended his own work to be played. (Telarc Digital 20bit cd-80489)
-Brandenburg Concerto's (Bach) -my prefered recording is an lp, but a good cd version should not be to hard to find.