Your thoughts about ATC loudspeakers

I’m interested in the ATC SCM-40 from their HiFi series and would like to hear from people who have owned or spent a lot of time with ATC speakers. This is a fairly new model and may be a bit of a departure from their classic sound.

At the show in Newport last weekend, I was quite taken by these speakers. I went back the next day and heard the same things that I liked about them, but a couple of red flags also went up:

Microdynamics – not sure these speakers do them well and microdynamics are critical to communicating inflection and nuance and to making music sound alive

Imaging, specifically wrt depth. Nothing much outside of the plane of the speakers, so recording venue info is not there and even instrument and vocal body may suffer a bit.

Were these shortcomings of setup or associated gear, or is this what ATC does?
Ag insider logo xs@2xdrubin
Listened to the Quested v3110 today. Impressed. Soundstage. Depht. British sound. Flat to 30Hz. Smoother (or more even) than ATC (IMO). May very well be my next speaker/monitor soon.... Smaller size than expected. 750+150+150 built-in amps. 750 watts for a 10 inch woofer! It didn’t seem to move when playing Daft Punk "Contact" at a very high SPL. Try that!
Do ATC speakers have treble roll off or less extended sound vs metal domes or ribbons ?
I have never noticed any deficit in the higher treble regions with my SCM40 V2s. I’ve had a several speakers in house at the same time with different tweeter designs (Klipsch Heresy IV, Zu Soul Supreme, Tannoy Cheviot, Tannoy XT8f, JBL 4367) and the ATC shows very well. Highs are smooth but not rolled off sounding to my ear.
I have the same speakers as the last poster, and I agree that I can't hear anything problematic. I've read that there is a roll-off, but  that it's not detectable.
Post removed