Your First Concert was.....

My first concert was Arlo Guthrie at the Shaffer (sic) Music Festival in Central Park, NYC. It cost 2 bucks and it was for his "Running Down the Road" album.
dreadhead
The first I remember was Elton John at Kent State University's Memorial Hall. May of 1972.
"Mad Men Across the Water" was the only album out and he played that plus a great deal of "Yellow Brick Road."
The only better concert I've ever seen was Pink Floyd (1973)same venue and they played more than one song, in surround sound, from an album we'd not heard. Some obscure album called "The Dark side of the Moon".
Led Zeppelin, 1970, Charlotte Coliseum. I was 14. They played most of first two albums. I was blown away and hooked ever since and have been pursuing live music - rock and jazz - for 40 years.
Went to see ELP in early 1970 and got to sit on the front speaker stack next to the band shell at the East Town Theater in Detroit.

Yes came out first and I had no Idea who they were; they blew me away. ELP followed and were tremendous. I Decided it couldn't have been that good so I went back the next night (same seats) it was better! I have spent a lot on money on concerts since then and to this day none have been better.
Hbarrel,

By 1972 (before "Madman"), Elton John had released (at least) 3 other records: "Elton John" (which included "Your Song", his first single that I can recall hearing on the radio), "Tumbleweed Connection", and a somewhat less widely seen LP called "Empty Sky".

Wasn't my first show, but I saw him just around the same time. The show was kind of understated, just EJ and a piano out front with a backing band behind him. IIRC, I liked it quite a bit. I will note that - more than any other performer that quickly comes to mind - he has come a loooong way. He wasn't even gay back then (at least as far as the audience was concerned)!

Marty