Youngsters these days.

My 24 year old grandson finished his tour in the service recently and has been staying with us for the past several months. He got himself a good job, to help out and take care of himself, while deciding what to do in the future - back to school, etc.
After he got a few good pay checks, I joking suggested he buy his Pa a new CD player. If looks could kill. "Why would you want a new CD player?" He asked. I told him "just to upgrade the one I have". "No one buys CD players anymore" he exclaimed. "Then what's your Idea of fine Audio, a WalkMan?" I asked. "WOW! There's not even any such thing as a WalkMan any more" he said. To which I replied, "Ya there is, we have a guy on our forum who swears by em". He just rolled his eyes and said "No - Streaming! Using an iPhone or iPad you can get a streaming package and get all the music you want". "Why would I want to do That?" I asked "I have hundreds of great LPs and CDs, that I'm perfectly happy with." To that he replied "OK Boomer".  I guess that meant he knew I was right.
Why is it that youngsters just don't understand the love that some of us old folks have for our old LPs and CDs and we  have no interest in paying for another monthly service, to listen to all the music we already have?
jhills
I’ve been fortunate.  My sons, both in their 30’s, still call me for advice when they have big decisions to make.  I try to respect them as adults and they return the favor.

As is so true of us “Boomers”, I was a slow adopter of technology.  I was accustomed to records and tape and didn’t see the need to use CDs.  My ex-wife actually showed me the advantages of the CD.  I used VCRs and didn’t see the need to go to DVDs at first — using CDs made it an easier transition.  But I still have 2 nice Sony VCR’s, just in case!  And though I seldom play cassette tapes anymore, I still have the Technics in my equipment array, just in case and because I like the look.

I hadn’t played records for years until recently, but reading comments here about how great the sound of records can be . . and being a bit nostalgic . . and having a lot of records and having recently been given a lot more . . I bought a turntable and a Spin Clean and have been cleaning and listening like mad — what else can you do while sheltering at home?  My sons stream — audio to them is their iPhone and ear buds.   Will they care about any of my equipment?  Probably not.  But I’m just 65 and not planning on checking out anytime soon, and I enjoy it.  Maybe they will too as they get older and more curious about why their Dad fiddled with all this bulky equipment.  Or maybe they won’t.  I hope they will know the value and sell these things for a decent return when the time comes.
Im 46 years old and I’ve been ripping CDs since 2000, purchasing hi-res FLAC files since 2010. I currently have 300GB of music on my MacMini with dual SSDs. I still purchase CDs, SACDs and rip them along with streaming Tidal and Qobuz. With the nice Schiit Yggdrasil I have CDs sound great compared to what I heard from them in 2000. They sound so good I’ve been purchasing them again and adding to my collection. In 2010 when hi-res hit the market I swore I’d never purchase a CD again. My new system has overturned that decision.  I’m happy to listen to old CDs again. They sound great. 
Ok I’m a Boomer. I admit it. Actually one of the first boomers, as I was born exactly 9 mos after VE Day. (If you don’t know what VE Day is - oh well.)
After listening to CDs and streaming predominantly of late, I’ve rediscovered vinyl for real, and do most of my current listening in that format. Streaming is best for exposure to new music, and for checking out albums before committing  to buying an LP. Vinyl sounds best (and all my equipment is pretty high end.) All formats have their place, and I would not give up any of them. 
My post: " ***  need's to be taken behind the woodshed" was removed??? Is plain-ol' fun now being sensored?