Yamaha RN-2000a

I'm looking to replace my MAC6700 receiver with something that sounds as good, but is a bit more reliable.  (I could insert a paragraph here about my McIntosh experiences but that's not the purpose of this post).  I've always preferred the integrated approach to hi-fidelity, but the selection of really good receivers that can be purchased new is pretty thin.  I still listen to FM and currently use a laptop as a music/streaming server.  I also have my TV  and Beogram turntable attached, so the MAC is really the center of my system.  I've looked at NAD, but I'm a bit old-school and prefer not to go class-D.  The Yamaha RN-2000a is about the only thing left that I can find.  I'd like to hear of any experiences good or bad that folks on this forum might have had with this unit.  Also, if someone knows a viable alternative, I'm happy to learn about it.  Best to all.

debench

You are just SOL on a FM stereo receiver. Same with the Yamaha, no FM. I think you would be better off with a nice powerful integrated amp and a separate music streamer. Can I recommend a Musical Fidelity M6si paired with a Cambridge streamer. The MF M6 is a real powerhouse with beautiful sound.

I think Outlaw makes a receiver.  I don't know if it fits your bill, but it has great reviews and is a real deal price-wise.

Bill

Thanks, Russ69

But according to Crutchfield's site"

Product highlights:

• beefy toroidal transformer delivers plenty of clean power to drive speakers
  • 90 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.07% THD
  • 145 watts per channel into 4 ohms with 2 channels driven
  • FM tuner with 40 assignable station presets
  • digital screen in bottom of faceplate displays source selection, radio station frequency, and more

Also, thank you wbs

I've read about the Outlaw unit.  It looks like a good secondary unit for a office or family room.  I wonder of anyone on this forum has purchased one and can comment on its performance / dependability.

FM tuner with 40 assignable station presets

Damn it, I looked everywhere and I didn’t see that. Thanks for the correction. I still recommend the MF6si/streamer. Especially if the stations you listen to stream.