Yamaha NS1000M tweeter angle.

Was curious how others with Yamaha NS1000M monitors angled their tweeters? I recently purchased a vintage pair and was surprised that they don’t sit flush (I’ve tried) with the front of the cab. It seems the routed hole is deliberately slightly too small, and to make them fit one side has to be sunken in while the opposite side sticks out a little. They can fit to face down, up, left, or right. I’m guessing because they were built for recording studios, it’s designed to have them work better for your sitting position? Mine are facing down currently (see below link), which might not be ideal. I wish they’d sit flush but I don’t need the hassle of widening the mounting hole. I understand the designed for home use NS1000 (non-M) doesn’t have this issue.

https://i.imgur.com/o6rxGXy.jpg

128x128pts
I used to own a pair of NS1000M speakers, owned them from new for 35 years and regret selling them. As far as I can remember the tweeters on my speakers sat perfectly flat. Your speakers have probably been repaired at some time and the replacement tweeter was not installed correctly. I did in fact blow the tweeters on my NS1000M (don't ask, lets just call it  stupidity) and  the replacement tweeter  were installed perfectly flat with the front baffle.
Yeah someone has not located them properly in the recess before screwing in the screws as you have a gap at the bottom, Yamaha made them almost an interference fit as not to have big gaps around them..
Undo all the screws and have a look, be careful not to break the wires, as they are heavy little buggers, and will fall once the screws are out

Cheers George
Yup install them correctly, knock the burs out of the bore and fit the drivers correctly.. Re secure them.. probably sound better, too..