Yamaha CDS-1000 or Denon DCD-1600ne

These are my choices for sacd players which would be a good fit for me system. I have a musical fidelity m6si and my speakers are Sonus faber sonetto iii and run a rel subwoofer.

bigmac1963

Showing 3 responses by mahler123

+2 @coralkong 

DAC and power supply much more important determinants of sound than anything @jasonbourne52 cites.

I’ve heard both SACD players, and I’ve heard the OP speakers.  However, I haven’t heard them all together, nor have I been in the OP listening room.  Although I disagree with everything else in @jasonbourne52 post, he is ultimately correct in that both SACD players will sound good.  I agree with poster who said the Denon will sound a bit darker than the brighter Yamaha will sound.  Personally I would prefer that, but ymmv.  The speakers aren’t particularly treble happy, so even the brighter Yamaha won’t lacerate your ears.

I stand corrected, but the practical point here is that both players are good, and I can’t account for how the differences between them will fit with the totality of the OPs system/room, let alone the OPs taste in music. From my viewpoint either machine will be satisfying, but I lean towards the Denon