Yamaha CDS-1000 or Denon DCD-1600ne

These are my choices for sacd players which would be a good fit for me system. I have a musical fidelity m6si and my speakers are Sonus faber sonetto iii and run a rel subwoofer.

bigmac1963

Showing 3 responses by charles1dad

@mahler123 

From my viewpoint either machine will be satisfying, but I lean towards the Denon.

👍I understand your point completely. My point is, you and others have actually heard the SA CD players and render an opinion. Quite different from someone who has not and says they will sound identical. Where’s the credibility in that type of advice to “flip a coin “?

Charles

@mahler123

Although I disagree with everything else in @jasonbourne52 post, he is ultimately correct in that both SACD players will sound good

Ultimately he isn’t correct. He said both will sound “identical” (Not that both sound good). According to those here providing listening impressions, they clearly are not identical sounding. Distinct sonic differences are noted.

Charles

+1

@coralkong ​​​​@pmm .

I will always give considerably more merit and appreciation to those offering opinions who’ve actually heard and interacted directly with an audio product. There’s simply no substitute to the act of listening to a component reproducing music and judging what you hear.

This is far more worthwhile than someone offering flippant comments about something that they lack any direct experience with. Preconceived and uninformed opinion has little or no value.

Charles