Yamaha A-S3000 - any experiences?

This integrated seems real interesting - have you heard it?

Have you heard it with a turntable as source, using its phono stage?

A concern for me is that they chose 50 ohm for the fixed MC value (usually it's 100 ohms to accommodate most carts) - I have a Shelter Harmony that states 'within 100 ohms'...I wonder how that would affect the sound (I think not much, but...)...anyways, please share if you have any experiences of this amp...MANY thanks and Happy New Year to you all!
go4vinyl

Showing 14 responses by aberyclark

I'll keep my eyes ope for a used silver A s3000 or just buy a new a s2100. I wonder what the major differences are between the two. Both have balanced inputs and seem to have same phono stage.
I have a question for A-s2100/A-s3000 users. When you use the "main direct" input, I know the As3000 volume control is bypassed. Basically, you would hook an outboard preamp and use the Yamaha as a tradition stereo amp. My question is that when you do use the "Main Direct", are the tone controls bypassed as well or are they still functional?
Thanks for your info. Keep us posted as it breaks in more. I'll probably have to settle for an A s2100 unless A4L gets a refurbished 3000 in silver (I really do not want black). I would love someone to compare the sound differences between the two (the 2100 vs 3000). Obviously, the 3000 will have it beat hands down, but would like to hear someone's opinion on how much better.
Aberyclark I noticed A4L has the A-S1100 in silver which is similar to the A-S2100 but not a balanced design.  Would love to see a comparison of all three.
I would too. I'd be curious if the 1100 is basically an "unbalanced" version of the 2100. I highly doubt it since the price difference is quite large.
How would smaller caps effect sound? Or is it more of a durability/stability issue
My ZU Omen Defs are quite efficient (I believe 101 db). They play nice with lower wattage amps. 100 + watts is way more than adequate
I was thinking tubes. Now back on the Sony as2100. Not many asxxxx series used. People must love them
Anyone using the Yamaha ASXXXX as a power amp with an outboard Pre?

Just curious how that works out. I have a tube Rogue RP-5 that I just love