XPA-5 Preamp / processor option - AVM2 vs SR-5004

We are building our HT in the Living Room.

We have to make a quick call on this.

We need a preamp for our Emotiva XPA-5. We can get a used AVM2 for about high 200's or I can get a new Marantz SR-5004 for about low 400's. The difference is negligible.

I have read from reviews/posts that Anthem makes quality product and avm2 is an excellent value. However, what I'm debating is with all the new technologies packed into the the SR5004, will it be wise to select this for my Home Theater?

I know there are some reported issues with the SR5004. However, I am ready to take chances with that.

90% of the use will be for Movies on our projector using Blu Ray player in a 5.1 setup. Speakers are B&W 685s with emotiva sub. We don't care for 7.1. If movie sound/imaging/clarity is better thats all it matters.

SR-5004 Major Advantages to my application:
-------------------------------------------

#Audyssey Dynamic EQ, Dynamic Volume and MultEQ Auto Calibration

#Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD™ Master Audio, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD™ High Resolution Audio, Dolby® Digital EX, DTS-ES™, Pro Logic® IIx, Pro Logic® IIz, SRS Circle Surround II, and DTS Neo:6 decoding

#192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog converters for all channels

All other video options are not relevant to me since I hookup the HDMI straight to the projector.

DECISION POINT:
---------------

The ultimate question is: With XPA-5 (BluRay and 5.1 setup), is AVM2 going to provide a better movie experience with its solid build quality or the Marantz SR-5004 will be better with its all new technologies and auto calibrations will be a better option for us?

Appreciate any educated responses you can provide us to make a better decision. After XPA-5 purchase, my better half has put a limit of 5xx on anything else.

Thanks
Sammy
sammyhome