XLR cables for high-end multichannel system

My system comprises 5.1 Focal Electra 1028 Be II based speaker system with Sim audio Moon MC-8 multichannel amp and Onkyo 5509 pre (may upgrade this) and soon to be added Audio Research DSPre for 2-channel. I'm looking for advice on suitable XLR cables which are fairly neutral. I don't really want to go into the stratosphere in terms of price (as I need 5 to 7 of these!) but, so far, contenders are:

- Audioquest Sky or Niagara
- Kimber 1126
- Acoustic Zen Absolute

I've also read good things about Siltech, Silent Source and Shunyata research.

Advice/thoughts on the above or other possibilities gratefully received!
djruss27
I'm familiar with your speakers and your amp. I've owned multiple interconnects from Audioquest and Kimber, but not Acoustic Zen.

You might consider something like Morrow. I've owned several interconnects in the ~$2K range from big manufacturers, and the Morrows can compete at that level, IMO. And you don't have to break the bank. There are several other boutique brands of cables popular around here, and I'm sure other people will recommend some.

If you want to stick to a more well known manufacturer, I'd put Synergistic Research on your list.

Good luck.

Bryon
I started my surround system (Anthem D2, P2, P5 and Paradigm Signature S8's, center channel and ADP's) on AQ Jaguar xlr's then moved up to the AQ Sky xlr's. Upgrading the interconnects was a really good move, but are the surround speaker cables up to the task of carrying that cleaner signal?? I started on QED Silver Anniversary XT to the surrounds, then changed that to AQ Rocket 44 that I was able to get it off the reel from a local distributor. For the cost it was a wonderful upgrade (the QED become part of my car sound system!!)
Mogami Gold XLR would run in average $100/pr are very hard to beat. With slight improvement going with AudioQuest or Kimber, you'll spend thousands of dollars more. Used wires might be the best bet, but still at the higher price point than Mogami.
Have to agree with Marakanetz, the Mogami in star-quad configured XLR is a tough deal to beat especially for H/T use which would generally be a little less revealing and demanding than a straight two channel rig. Good enough for high end studios....good enough for me....for now