Xangsane SP-9001AG silver interconnect

So, encouraged by friends I've bought some bulk Xangsane SP-9001AG silver cable.

The cables has two squarish/flat solid core silver conductors (purity supposed to be 4N), one silver plated copper drain wire, teflon, cotton, copper foil, and finally silver plated copper mesh.

Jacket says OCC.

Well, it's been playing in my system since a couple of days, burn-in is far from being over, but I can already tell this is a very very good cable, with great tonality, fantastic transparency, dynamics, taut and strong bass... this is the best cable I've heardin my system (by hundreds of miles), and according to some friends you need to go very, very high in price to find a better silver cable.

rolox

Showing 9 responses by roxy54

@rolox Thanks for the heads-up. I looked on their site and I see that there is another silver RCA that is supposedly 6n silver, but the conductors are round as opposed to rectangular. I wonder which is better since I've heard that there is an advantage to rectangular conductors, although I don't know why that would be. 

xangsane 1pair SP-9003Ag 6N single crystal pure silver audio cable rca cable hifi carbon fiber rhodium-plated plug signal cable (xangsaneaudio.com)

@rolox 

Well, I took a chance and ordered the one that I provided the link for. I don't know when it will get here, but I'll let you know what I think of it when it does, I ordered it directly from Xangsane as aliexpress didn't sell that particular model.  

@jerryg123 

I was trying to determine the difference between the model I ordered and the one that @rolox bought. On aliexpress, it doesn't mention that his has a rectangular silver wire, although they do mention it on the Xangsane site. What I did notice was that the actual RCA on the one I ordered is said to be gold plated copper, and the other model is gold plated, but they don't mention it being copper. I also notice some differences in insulation materials.

I am looking forward to hearing it for sure, and if it is as good as @rolox and some others say, $160 for a meter pair is a giveaway. 

@rolox @soix ,

I tend to be impulsive, and I'm sure that your friend knows more than I do about the subject rolox. I just made a last minute decision to try the round wire model, and hope that I don;t regret that decision.

Soix, to answer to your question, I ordered it directly from Xangsane. Is it really what they say it is? I don't know; but I'm not betting my life on it, just $160, so we'll se how it sounds.  

We are aware of that, and I think the general concensus is that the Chinese site is using this as a term of glamour, not realizing that most of the world uses that term as a specific measure of purity.

If you notice, they also use a lot of other amusing descriptors. Their higher-grade cables are often called "fever", and yesterday I saw a cable on aliexpress being praised by its seller for its "grainy high frequencies". 

@soix 

Yes, I absolutely love it. It has surpassed the performance of a set of $900 Kimber Select interconnects. Is it state of the art? I'm sure not, but I haven't heard that so I couldn't judge. I have had a number of other interconnects that were good in one way or another, but this one is good at everything to me, balanced without any apparent weaknesses. I really believe that this company makes things the right way, and they show you the construction of their cables on the site which I like. I really recommend that you try them. 

For the price it's almost silly not to.