wyred4sound amps

I am interested in these amps, there are good reviews online but I was wondering what audiogon members thought of these amps. I have not had a chance to hear one yet. Also interested in the bel canto digital amps, thanks
kedoades
Op,

As is usually the case, you probably have to try the product to make a determination.

If the Wyred's at their price are even arguably in the same league as the best Class As and not even necessarily as "good as" I would say they are definitely quite a bargain and must still sound very good.
I had the opportunity to buy the Wyred4sound SX-250 monos what are intended to have a better medium-treble, a more tubey sound than their more powerful brothers, the SX-500 and the SX-1000. I have compared them to other Class D amps that I have, And I just can say that for more than 1 000 $, they are not a bang for the buck at all...

They are just less airy, they have less bass, less dynamics and have a lot of details missing compared to Flying Mole DAD M-310 monos or to Huygens Mhz Power 4 monos (3 x the weight of the Wyred4sound SX-250...) at the same price!!

So, if you are searching a good price, go Wyred4sound.. If you are searching a wonderful sound at a good price.. Go anywhere else.
Tvad, I happen to have heard the very latest Pass amps and preamps and my statement stands.

By the way, I have added the 47 Labs Flatfish Transport to my stables, and what an amazing addition that was.

Class D is not for the timid. It takes a lot of patience to find a way to make them sound the way you want. It took me some 6 years to find class D nirvana.
Post removed