Wrapping Up 2016

All in fun, there is always a wrap up of the year’s highlights, this is what comes to mind, feel free to add to the list:

Within recent memory we have discussed, solid state A , AB, class D and OTL and other tube amps, preamps, phono amps, turntables, tone arms, cartridges, cd players of all types, DACs, music servers, speaker cables, interconnects, PCs, room treatments, reflections off walls, floors, windows, tables, racks, platforms, fuses, receptacles, power conditioners, stands and stand mount monitors, towers, cone and electrostatic speakers, subwoofers, beverages and drugs to accompany listening, listening chairs, graphene, magnets, lasers, markers for CDs, record cleaners, cleaning solutions, tubes, tube dampeners, fuses, whatever comes into Geoff’s mind, music software, all the SR other tweaks, modders, CES and other shows, capacitors, music, wire and fuse directionality, cryogenics, watches, automobiles, televisions, home theater systems, and …….

jetter

Showing 9 responses by jetter

Hey randy, sorry and yes the Predators slipped my mind, just an oversight.  Thinking of ponying up $600+K to put the wamms in my den.   Bdp24, I hear you, think the same.  I'm not sure whether it was more people passing in 2016, or just being more aware because they were closer to our (at least my) age.  I prefer to think us boomer's are coming to the last two decades of our time on the planet.    

Don't worry be happy.
George

Hi bdp,
I will gladly split the difference with you for 15 years.

Today, sorry to hear about Carrie Fisher, Princess Leia, meeting our maker.  The scene in Star Wars where she is holographed out was just spectacular, to us sci-fi fans.

Happy New Year to all, party on,
George

bdp24, never to late to change bad habits and start a regime of physical exercises, whatever you are up to.  You can do it.
bdp24, so good to hear.  May our good fortune and that of our friends continue into the new year!
George
slaw and randy,
Hope your new years gets better.

Happiness runs in a circular motion
Thought is like a little boat upon the sea
Everybody is a part of everything anyway
You can have everything if you let yourself be

For all you too young to know, the little ditty above is by Donovan.  From a land far away and a time long ago.
randy, go for it., You got me curious, and "A desmodromic valve is a reciprocating engine valve that is positively closed by a cam and leverage system, rather than by a more conventional spring."

bdp24  I really agree with you 100% about Donovan, on the oldies stations you rarely hear any of his songs, perhaps Sunshine Superman once in a long while.  Somewhere in my collection I have a multiple set of Donovan LPs I picked up along the line.   Will dig them out when my Thorens is back up and running.  He had a lot of hits way back then.
Julie Driscoll and Brian Auger did a version of Season of the Witch that I  liked back then.  Super Session, wow, It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry, good memories.

Actually, I have all these old albums packed away in my basement.  I am in the process of having a Thorens TD 160 brought up to spec so should be fun playing a few old favorites.  Actually, not sure of there condition after all these years.