Would like a good integrated to power Vandersteens

I have Vandersteen 2CE signature 2 and also Model 1. Both are great sounding but a little laid back. I would appreciate any suggestions for an integrated amplifier or reasonable amp/pre-amp combo to bring these speakers alive.
jimkinc
My suggestion is to call John at Audioconnection. I don't know where you live, but John is well acquainted with all things Vandersteen (including everything else hi-fi), and is a super nice guy. I'm sure he would be willing to help. I would take his word seriously.
I can't believe nobody mentioned Audio Research. Audio Research is excellent with Vandersteens. I don't know what he uses now, but Richard Vandersteen regularly used Audio Research to show off his speakers at shows and that combination with a Vandersteen 2W was one of the best systems I have ever assembled.
I think a used Bryston is a candidate. They livened up my relaxed B&W DM2000 and the 20 year warranty is unique among amps.
Hi CBcarbaj,

good call. they may "wake up" the Vandersteens as was originally requested...they need a lot of high quality power. And the Brystons are good at that. i have heard the new SST2 is actually quite sweet in comparison to many SS amps. particularly the 28B SST2.
Lloyddelee21, Actually Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures don't need a lot of power and quite often lower powered amplifiers sound better. Any Audio Research amp/preamp combination no matter how low the power rating, combined with a Vandersteen subwoofer will be the best sound you could possibly imagine from a pair of Vandersteens.

Jimkinc, Take Stingreen's advice and call John at the Audio Connection.