Words From the Wise

Hello fellow Audiophiles and Audio Enthousiast. I've been in the game for a little over 4 months now and I've learned tonnes of stuff along the way thanks to some very knowledgeable people on this website and in my local community (but mostly on this website).

I'll get right to the point.

Whether you are new to the game or a veteran I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the top 5 things you would tell a fellow Audiophile to better his/her enjoyment of this wonderful hobby. Please use point form or short paragraphs
buckingham

Showing 1 response by cspei078b

To maximise your return from your existing system without additional expenditure. Try these-
1. Place all your gears on solid ground in direct contact with the floor.No carpet in between. If floor is not concrete/ marble/ tiles but wood may have to experiment with cone/ spikes. Avoid use of shelves whenever possible. This should improve the airiness/ high frequency response and overall transparency.
2. Room treatment- to wall on both sides of the speakers to avoid echo marring the sonic picture. To both corners of front wall as high as 8 ft with uneven surfaces. Experiment with different positions of the damper/ diffusers to adjust tonal balance for higher/ lower highs and fuller/ leaner lows.
3.Tilt the axis of speaker forward/ backward .Toe in /out. Away / nearer the side /front walls to enhance accuracy / warmth etc.
4. Clean all your components' electrical connections.
The above measures are nearly free and guarantee to give you a perceivable improvement.
Happy listening.

George