Wolf Audio

House of Stereo just listed a Wolf Audio Alpha 2 for $2,800 which is a steal for the level of performance you are getting. I started out with the Alpha 2 went to the 3 and just got my Red Wolf. You also get their unbelievable customer service so if you would like to get more involved on the digital side you would be hard pressed to do better.
Disclaimer, I am not affiliated with Wolf Audio but I am a very satisfied customer. 
128x128lwin
I am a Wolf Audio customer, as well, having recently added the Alpha 3 and a T + A DAC (that was recommended to me by Joe Parvey of Wolf).  I am blown away by the music coming out of my system now.  Like many of you, I am very particular about the characteristics of the sound in my listening room.  I recently upgraded a lot of components, including top-of-the-line Audience frontRow cables.  Adding the Wolf product to my system has been so remarkable because now I have jillions of song selections to choose from at high bit rates, and the sound is just truly magnificent.  The Wolf product has exceeded my wildest expectations.  Moreover, service is over-the-top and always available.  [I have no monetary interest in Wolf or Audience.  They are just simply THE BEST!]
Thanks L & G, we certainly appreciate the kind words. You both are at the cutting edge of what we are doing with digital audio, and it's always great to hear how much you are enjoying using your systems.
@LWIN, can you expand a bit on what you hear in the Red Wolf 2 over the Alpha 3? Gapperis123 has just started out with us - he heard several of our systems at AXPONA and got an Alpha 3 SX, but you have been with us from the start - you've spent over a year with the Alpha 2, and then probably almost the same with the Alpha 3...   the Alpha 3 SX gets us much closer to the Red Wolf than before, but what do you say?

- Joe
I cannot comment on the Alpha 3 SX but as good as the Alpha 2 was compared to my custom laptop the Alpha 3 was a definite step up from the 2 especially the USB playback with the addition of the flux capacitor. The Red Wolf 2 continues that tradition of increased performance. I have always been a big fan of separate power supplies and for this type of application I think it pays even further dividends as you are getting it away from the potential noise of the operating system.
The first word that comes to my mind when listening to the Red Wolf is gravitas. There is an increased weight (in a good way) to the bass, midrange and highs. I have been seriously upgrading my system for the past two years and one of the benefits is I am playing at measured lower volume levels but it sounds louder and the reason is as my system improves, I get more musical details so I don’t need as much volume to get the needed musical information.The Red Wolf took this a step further adding even more musical information. 
Anyone who is using a computer as their server is not getting anywhere near the performance they would get using any Wolf unit. I just finished reading several issues of Stereophile and the Absolute Sound and the majority of authors list a computer which is usually a Mac as their digital source if they have one.They are handicapping themselves and doing their readers a disservice by not using the newer and much better technology for equipment evaluations.
If you are sitting on the sidelines and would like to get more involved in digital, talk to Joseph. If he can get a baby boomer like me to the cutting edge of digital playback he can do the same for anyone. You will not get the level of personal service from anyone else that you will from Wolf Audio. You also won’t get the same bang for your buck.