Wndows media player to Apple Itunes

I have ripped quite a few CD's to my external hardrive using WMP11 as my library. They are ripped in Windows Lossless format. I want to purchase a new computer and was thinking of switching to Apple. Would this be an easy transition. Can I hook my external to the Apple and play music off it and use the Itunes setup or would this be to complicated to do. Should I just purchase another Windows PC.
bodine
Buying a Mac shouldn't be just an iTunes decision. With the new Intel chip based Mac, there is no backwards compatibility with any Mac programs that are not based on its X operating system. I am still migrating files over from my original eMac to the new iMac and some files have been rendered useless because not all software makers (especially for games software) have upgraded their products to the X os.

With all that said, Mac is still the way to go. Just not having to worry about viruses and spyware makes Mac worth it. If you have the original CD's, it may just be easier (but longer) to reload them into iTunes.

Also, do not go with the wireless keyboard & mouse options on the new iMacs if you are purchasing now. The keyboard performs worse than the mouse ... less than a month battery life; typing skips; etc. Apple is working on it.

Regards, Rich
I have a seagate portable hard drive I use for Music storage. The drive was originally used with a Gateway running Windows XP. When I switched to Mac last year I transfered a my files (music, pictures and doc’s) to the seagate. Then I just plugged it into the Mac and transfered the my files. There were no compatibility issues. I have a Power Mac G-5.
Vegasears,
Correct me if I'm wrong, I should be able to plug my external into the MAc and have no problems. What did you do to organize your music ? Did I tunes automatically set up a library?
Yes and Yes. My seagate was and still is formated with MSDOS FAT 32 (Windows)and is still connected to my mac and working fine. I used iTunes to import and sort my music. Once on my mac HD I used iTunes to convert 50% from mp3 to apple lossless.