Wires for a Jolida JD 1000RC and Selah Audio SA-1

I've been out to touch with my audiophile wonder- and wanderlust and last not least with the wonderful people here whose passion I once shared. Hence the question:

I am setting this up for a friend on a budget: What cabling would you suggest, wires which neither subtract nor add, speaker and interconnect.... Anyone around? Albert, Clueless, Gregm, Nrchie, Sugarbrie, just to mention a few of our once noble crew. Goertz came to mind, because of their low capacitance, but then what do I know.....
detlof

Showing 2 responses by t_bone

What a joy to see your name pop again Detlof! I can't add much in the way of concrete suggestions save the following; if your friend is the least bit DIY-oriented, Jon Risch's and Chris VenHaus' websites have some ideas. Also, there has also recently been a very interesting thread (in the review section) started by Jadem6 called "DIY Interconnects Review" which has a great deal of interesting commentary and many helpful links for those learning about cables. I think the two sites noted above have links there.
Detlof, I never knew you were unimogged. Years ago on some thread here I suggested a modded Unimog as the ultimate offroad luxo-barge with audiophile possibilities galore (as long as the engine was turned off). The thread appears to have disappeared, but I cannot imagine a better way to travel cross-continent when one is obliged to furnish the basic necessities oneself (verticals of Dom Perignon, walls of stators, etc... :^).

BTW, the Jadem6 thread is long and involved and I found it took some re-reading, but it is very interesting. Indeed, there are many links at the end of the review at the top.