Wires for a Jolida JD 1000RC and Selah Audio SA-1

I've been out to touch with my audiophile wonder- and wanderlust and last not least with the wonderful people here whose passion I once shared. Hence the question:

I am setting this up for a friend on a budget: What cabling would you suggest, wires which neither subtract nor add, speaker and interconnect.... Anyone around? Albert, Clueless, Gregm, Nrchie, Sugarbrie, just to mention a few of our once noble crew. Goertz came to mind, because of their low capacitance, but then what do I know.....
detlof

Showing 2 responses by gregm

Dear Detlof, how nice to see you in these virtual shores again!

Onto the technical subject -- actually, I have little to contrubute and was more joyed to see you writing again:)!
Anyway, the Goertz sounds like a good idea but it *may* need a protective zobel although those Selahs are quite benign with a minimum impedance at ~6ohm and max ~45ohm. Sean would be a better advisor than I.

Likewise fro teh spkrs, simple copper magnet wire, ~1,2/1,0 mm may do the trick. It can be mechanically supported by winding around a hose for example -- just two wires w/out shielding. This is very cheap.
For the IC's I would be afraid of using a similarly unshielded wire... with the Jolida's hi input impedance there is likelehood of picking up lots of noise...

BAck to you: How's the voyage?? Cheers
Detlof, old chap, lets keep the psa droppin' and the Unimog truckin'! Cheers