Wilson tiny tots

Hi,

I just purchased two used Wilson tiny tots.    I do not have an amp yet.   I would like to have two channels connected to the TV.     My music, these days is through YouTube and I would love to play movie sound through the two Wilson’s.   Can you connect an amp through optical or HDMI directly to the TV then out to the speakers?   what amp do you recommend

I’m looking to spend $2000 or less.   As you can see I’m an amateur don’t be afraid to give a lot of detail.  

thanks

craig 

craigdemling

I know many have their eyes roll back in their sockets when they hear the name. Wilson. However I am not convinced that the Tiny Tots are as good as many seem to believe. I dunno, but there is a sort of legend wrapped up in Wilson name, and maybe the tots have not inherited the genetic makeup of the others.

But I am thinking you need to see if there is a red and white RCA on the back of the TV, and if not, then maybe consider moving those speakers on and getting a sound bar to connect to the TV.
That should be super easy to make work.

But one could look for the amps with the HDMI input.

Those are sort of seeming like the two choices.

In that price range you can get a Rotel RMB-1582 MKII. It has 200 watts of A/B and has a warmer sound signature that should pair well with those. *edit* I didn't notice you're trying to go from a TV into these. You could pair the 1582 with a Bluesound Node, the newest one has HDMI Arc in and you can run the analog out to the 1582.

Hmm. I think you need to talk to you dealer about the Totss and how to drive them. 

First of all Wilson Tune Tots require more power than you think…you will need a

good amp and a good DAC. Most amps with a DAC built in is trash with the exception of a Mola Mola integrated amp that has a Tambaqui DAC and that is about 24k. You need a budget of 10-20 grand in electronics to use with those speakers. Cheapest I would go is a Naim Uniti Star it has an hdmi input and is like 4800.