Wilson Sophia 2--- VTL S-150 or Ayre V1-xe?

Hi,
I just got the speakers and need an amp to drive them. I was wondering if a VTL S-150 would be enough. I have a Cary SLI-80 right now and I dont get the tight full bass. The top end and mid is perfect though. I dont think I could live with a ss amp on Wilson for it would be too bright. Thx.
nickt

Showing 3 responses by ricred1

I've had my Sophia II's for a couple of months now. I believe they need high current amplifiers. I am running them with Densen 350 mono amps with very good results. If set-up correctly Wilson Sophia II's are not bright; as with any speakers it's about synergy.
I didn't say high wattage, I said high current, which are two different things. Of course other factors such as: type of music, preferred listening volume, and the size of listening room can influence which amp an individual prefers. You don't have to agree, because I'm talking about my experience with the Sophia's and I like you have listened to many amps.
I've read one of your prior post, concerning the lack of bass output with your current equipment. At least that was my understanding of your post. I have an opinion, I didn't say it was a fact. I use this forum to give food for thought, based on my experiences and my preferences. There isn't a one amp fits all. As a Wilson dealer has told me; Sophia's require quality, not quantity. If you love your sound and I love my sound that's great. We end with the same results with different opinions.