Wilson Sophia 1 vs vandersteen 2ce

Hi, this may be a no-brainer but I'm looking for some reassurance. I'm looking for a substantial speaker upgrade over my 2ce's. I'm looking at used Sophia 1s. I also have the vandy sub. The rest of by system is :
vtl preamp
belles 150 v2
vpi Classic 1 with dynavector karat.
thanks!!!!
128x128sinewave93
Original poster will probably give it as much weight as people will give to your posts instructing people on when and when it is not a proper time to post.......How long should the honeymoon be in your estimation?  A month?  A year?   Please tell us so we can remain in compliance......as to your non existent word jab: ir·re·gard·lessˌiriˈɡärdlis/adjective & adverbinformaladjective: irregardless; adverb: irregardless
Stewart, perhaps you should read Merriam-Webster:
Usage Discussion of irregardless

Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

As far as 'the honeymoon' goes, 
being kind and letting others enjoy their purchases/decisions shouldn't have a time limit. Sure, you have your opinion. But, when it comes to negativity, we should all think before writing.

I’ve loved my sophias for years now.  I’m thinking of upgrading my amp at this point. After much reading, a lot of people recommend pass labs....
My Belles has been great but the switch has broken twice now (it currently won’t turn off!).
any thoughts on best pass labs for the 1s?
cheers
I purchased a used pair of Vandy 5As last year in pretty good overall condition to replace my 5s which were in poor overall condition (I bought them cheap that way). I have driven them with a 100wpc Counterpoint stock power amp, a Lafayette KT-550 tube amp 35wpc, a Luxkit Class A amp 40-50wpc and the amp that we build hybrid 6SN7 power amp. Since you are really only powering the top half of the Vandersteens (powered subs). Each amp drove them with ease. I have also used a 200wpc hybrid amp that we built and that sounded excellent but it was not night and day with the more watts just a little more relaxed sounding. The smaller hybrid we just built may be the best sounding amp I have heard on the 5As. I heard the Wilson S1s at a dealer many years ago and liked the way they sounded. Before the price dropped on a used pair the model 2s came out so I never went any further. The 5s are pretty well balanced top to bottom and the bass is so adjustable that you can pretty much get them to sound good in most rooms. You can find them used in the $6K price range and I think there was a pair on US Audio Mart recently.

Happy Listening.