Wilson Audio Haters

I've always wondered why there are so many people out there, that more than any other speaker manufacturer, really hate the Wilson line. I own Maxx 2's and also a pair of Watt Puppys. They are IMHO quite wonderful.

Why does Wilson get so much thrashing?

128x128crazyeddy
Nah, John, just trying a new theory: when a stylus gets hung in a groove and the groove repeats itself, a gently nudge helps break it loose; so maybe that will work here.  

Dave
I have a pair of MAXX 1 and my only concern is transparency with Wilson. It lacks transparency and openness in mid and mid hi. Musicality is excellent though ! I have tried Krell, Accuphase and Tube amp ! with tube it is better but MAXX is not a good partner for tube amp. 

For transparency and openness, no loudspeaker using dynamic drivers is going to equal an electrostatic or ribbon, imo. Magnetic-planars, though perhaps not as transparent as ESL’s, are also very open sounding. None of these will play as loud, go as low in frequency, or be run by as small an amp, as the Wilsons, but ya can’t have everything. Unless you can afford the new Wilson WAMM, assuming it is as good as it had better be for the price!
"For transparency and openness, no loudspeaker using dynamic drivers is going to equal an electrostatic or ribbon, imo."

Try Thiel. Very close.

Dave