Will the Plinius 8200 Mk1 fit my needs?

Given that I listen everything from jazz to folk to electronic to metal, how would a Plinius 8200 work? I haven't decided on the speakers yet, but I'm leaning toward Dynaudio or System Audio. I like an open sound, with plenty of imaging, soundstage & dynamics... percussion is important to me! Any other recommendations for electronics that might suit my tastes? I'm trying to stay under about $1500. Thanks for the input.

Dennis
eeerie1

Showing 2 responses by tbrros

I have a Plinius 8200 that I have had in my system for awhile. It is very strong amp for the money. I think it is good for all types of music. It has powered my Nautilus 804's for 2 years very well. I think you will really like Nothing else this good with this many amps on the market. Itwas 3k new I paid $1900. I am thinking of going home theatre so I might be selling mine. But my reccomandation is not for that reason. Whether you buy from me or not it is a great amp for the money
Mine is a Mk1 integrated that was upgraded from an 8150. It is in very good condition and I have the original box and I believe the manual which i would have to look for. I am willing to sell for $1350 and split the shipping with you. Either way good luck. I would agree with the person above though that it is better to purchase your speakers first. If you pick something with sensitivity of 91 or so you might want to look into tubes. If you really want the Plinius you might want to consider a used pair of 804 Nautilus or 805 B&W nautilus. They make a great combo. Can't think of better speakers for the money. Before I bought the B&W I used to jump from speaker company to speaker company every year or so. Now I just want to get better B&W's