will changing to solid-state make the bass in my wilson sophias better at low volume?

I've noticed that my sophias really shine when they're cranked up a bit, which is great, but I'm wondering if I can't get more of that, esp. the bass, at lower volumes. my tube amps (Cary Slam-100s in triode) are ~50w/ch, more than the 25w/ch minimum wilson recommends. it seems to me that I could either get a sub or try a solid-state power amp. it'd be easy enough to try either/both, but I'm curious what people have to say. thanks!
musicslug

Showing 1 response by decathlon1991

Look for a Wilson Audio WATCH Controller or a JL Audio CR-1 Subwoofer Crossover. Bryston makes a 10B Crossover as well for my third choice. These items are incredible. I’m currently using the Wilson. One of the best pieces of equipment I’ve ever bought. I’m using them on the Wilson Maxx 2’s with a pair of JL Audio Fathom 113’s. I have complete control of my system. Totally dialed in. You may have missed the steel of the century because someone sold a Wilson Audio Watch Controller for $450.00 today. Unbelievable!