Why will no other turntable beat the EMT 927?

Having owned many good turntables in my audiophile life I am still wondering why not one of the modern designs of the last 20 years is able to beat the sound qualities of an EMT 927.
New designs may offer some advantages like multiple armboards, more than one motor or additional vibration measurements etc. but regarding the sound quality the EMT is unbeatable!
What is the real reason behind this as the machine is nearly 60 years old, including the pre-versions like the R-80?
thuchan

Speed stability is not the only factor to sound quality, there are other important things too, we can all agree on that. But the only thing I can think the 927 has in favor besides the high torque is the much lower deviation from a perfect 33.33 at ALL times. We are talking micro second to microsecond timing. The bearings are nothing special. No vacuum hold down, exotic materials, airbearings. Nothing! :p

@brunorivademar , what we are concerned with is, in reality pitch stability. Speed stability in the best modern turntables is inconsequential in comparison to surface irregularities, warps and spindle hole eccentricity in records. There is no such thing as "microsecond timing" when it comes to vinyl playback. The medium is far more inaccurate than even mediocre playback devices. If you want "microsecond timing" throw your turntable away and stick with digital. 

As for the superiority of antique turntables? That is total BS perpetrated by people who sell these things for ridiculous money. Then the people who buy them regurgitate the same BS. Hobbyists use to buy these old table because they were at one time cheap and they were better than similarly priced new tables. Then the thing got a life of it's own in current mythology and the price got jacked along with the BS. I would not have a 927 if it were the last turntable on earth. If that was all I could get I'd sell my record collection to people like you and stick with hi res files. 

The model T is of serious historic significance but I would never want to drive one. If an idler turntable does not rumble much when it is new just give it a few hours and it will rumble like an express train. They will drive anyone with accurate bass down to 18 Hz CRAZY. 

@mijostyn Idler drives don’t rumble if you know how to make a few modifications. Btw did I ever say antique turntables are superior? Don’t put words in my mouth. Anyway you are being too passive agressive and I have no interest in engaging with you. Go get your self a cup of tea.

All one can say when Mijostyn pontificates on one of his gospel truths is “l disagree” and then say why. My highly tweaked Lenco does not produce audible rumble of any kind. But I can’t say why. Mijo has to open up his mind and listen to a well restored idler.

@brunorivademar , idler drives ALWAY rumble more than any other drive type. and if you had corrected subwoofers you would know that. That is one of the big reasons they virtually disappeared besides being more complicated and expensive to make. The only reason for idler drive was to be able to change speeds with a constant speed AC motor. There were no electronic drives/variable speed motors at the time. They persisted in the radio industry because you cannot slip cue a belt drive and there is no deep bass in radio. When direct drive came around the idler drives disappeared from the market until renovating old used tables became a thing and the mythology matured. It is worse than wearing someone else's used underwear.