Why use CD Transport instead of computer source

I have been seeking a new digital front end setup and would like some advice on what solution will produce the highest quality digital playback.

My current plan is to add a Slim Devices Transporter possibly mated to an external DAC, after evaluating the Transporter on its own to determine the quality of the internal DAC (which I understand is quite high).

Why would I consider a CD Transport and DAC as an alternative to a computer based source such as this? If I am using EAC to get bit-perfect rips of my CDs and I encode them in a lossless format like FLAC, there doesnt seem like there could be any benefit to using a CD Transport, in fact, the computer based source should be better if the rips are done bit-perfect.

Any comments on why there is still a high end market for CD transports given the availability of top computer based sources like the Slim Transporter?
superquant
Using a Squeezebox 3 connected to the digital input of my Cary 306 SACD player does not at any means sound as good as when I ust the Cary as a CD transport. I have not yet tried the Transporter.
Are you guys comparing a transport to files on your hard drive, OR to music sent to the Squeezebox from the internet, from Rhapsody or some other source?
What about use of a SD Transporter coupled with a high end external DAC such as Esoteric D-05? One could use the clock from the DAC to feed the Transporter.

In addition, one advantage of a player such as Transporter is that it can play the new high resolution file formats that are being released (24/96+)

Its really unclear why there should be superior performance from a CD transport if using a high end DAC external to the network music player.
In theory computer source sounds right compared to Transport ( never mind the software sources-Hard drive vs CD, I would think not everything is understood s to how is signal quality in the source and reproduction thereof via conventional DAC. A lot more work needs to be done to get it right, just like from the current SOA Transport/DAC combo.
Ncarv, I didn't see a smiley or any other emoticon so I'll assume this is a serious question. In my case, at least, my observations are based on comparing my CDs to the same tracks on my PC in FLAC lossless format. Sources level matched. SB3 connected via ethernet. All the usual SB tweaks.

I suspect you'll find a similar answer from Mike and Ham.