Why so many headphones for sale with less than 10 hours of listening time?

I've been in the market for a new pair of headphones recently, but have noticed that an unusually high percentage for sale are classified as "mint with less than 10 hours of listening time".  What gives?  How could anyone possibly make an accurate assessment on something with less than 10 hours involved?  Audeze is one of the brands I'm considering, but it seems like this is the one that has the most for sale with little time involved.  Could it be a comfort thing?  Any insight would be appreciated.
sense63

Showing 1 response by james633

I am guilty of selling headphones after only an hour of use. I bought two pairs of Fostex the TH900 and Thxx (mass drop special model). The th900 I returned the day I got them (Amazon) and the thxx I sold the same day online. 

I I just did not like the tuning. Way too much bass and no amount of burn in or system changes were going to fix it. It is hard to demo headphones and they are "cheap" so I buy and change them out ALL the time. 

I am am in the minority here and feel headphones do some things much better than speakers. The major trade off is the soundstage sucks on all headphones so you have to know your priorities.