Why Rhodium?

Seems to be a trend in termination plating toward Rhodium and I'm wondering why.
Anyone give opinions on the sonic character of this plating?
128x128rja

Idealy,  if your cable is copper, use a copper connector, and if silver use a silver connector. Marrying different metals is NOT A GOOD IDEA. Learnt these the hard way. A company called Viborg produces pure copper connectors per pair for 50 USD, in Amazon, as good as FURUTECH albeit it costs way way the Furutech. They too sell Rhodium. Touch it not! Just stick to copper and silver, and do not be fooled by any other metal, NOT EVEN GOLD, because they deteorirate very fast, and it causes more problems for the audio signal.
Post removed 

Rhodium is a bit different than the other metals. Of course...I know we'll that you gents know that. However what I mean, is that rhodium isn't a very good conductors of electricity. It's actually horrible. Better still...it actually repels it. And if said material repels electrons then we've got generation of electricity. As with a magnet. So what I saying is....rhodium is a catalyst. And it's a magical rule breaking reality altering metal. Do you see?

It's shiny, but most of the time I find it too hard and slick to offer good grips.

I like my contact metals soft and springy. Hard spades for instance are nearly impossible to tighten well long term. Gold over copper however has enough malleability that the speaker terminals bite into them when tightened.

In power connectors they seem to make it a lot easier for plugs to slide in or out.

I love how they look.  Like jewelry, but never had a good experience with them on a practical sense.

I use Oyaide C-004 on IEC and Viborg Silver/Rhodium on Schuko in my system. My observations is that the plugs not only have an effect on the frequency repons (less warm, more neutral) but also on the time domain. The hard metals don't have the "soft" 'decay' of gold and silver and present a tighter sound with more 'attack', punch and control. They suit my taste of music (rock/pop), but I understand that not everyone likes them.