Why isn't better quality used gear being made available?

I've been scanning used gear for a while trying to look for an amplifier and a line stage pre-amplifier. To me it seems like quality higher end gear being made available is Limited.  Maybe it's a good thing that all this quality gear I'm looking for doesn't want to be sold .

I have never been able to find used cables that are what I'm looking for from transparent, cardas, ect,  or other worthwhile brands in the mid to upper price ranges. I guess people keep their old used cables in a box and don't even bother selling them . Maybe it follows that Quality used components sit on a shelf in someone's basement not being sold. It's tough giving up quality audio components even if you don't plan to use them and maybe keeping them around as back up or for a third listening room that never happens.

emergingsoul

@tattooedtrackman ....*L* The wait simply requires patience, virtuous or not.
The part that gets to you is seeing an auction that I missed out on, held a month prior to beginning my search....  There were 3 of them; 2 complete, one missing some parts.  Never found out who/where/how much on any...😖

Given the time from that to when I saw and bought, I may have one of them by  no default of my own....but I kept seeing the same auction post throughout my search.

...and That, my friend, is annoying.  Couldn't tell the bots to ignore certain things, they'd just dutifully report them....over 'n over 'n over 'n....*sheesh*L*

Audio-wise...or perhaps not...
If I was in the state of 'upgrade fever' (and the means to Go There...) (No...), I'd likely Go Here....

....a MRA 16.75+ would be interesting to play about with....

....but would likely trigger a 'cascade event' in expanding the means to 'feed it', since I'm at 12 channels already....and already 'living in The Matrix.....*LOL*

I have bought expensive components from private individuals on Audiogon. I have had zero trouble with those transactions and have met some wonderful people who I am still in touch with. 

There are dealers on here that will deal with the Asian market. They're reputable and will come through for you. 

I don't find that interconnects and power cords move the needle that much in terms of sound quality so I certainly don't wait years for those, but, speakers, amplifiers, and preamplifiers I will, and have, waited years to purchase. 

With such expensive pieces of gear, buying them used is the only way I can justify their purchase. 

Don’t be cheap and you won’t get punished anymore if you buy new! Cables are all custom made people don’t flip them as much since they don’t go “bad.”

High end estate sale things often end up at auctions. Check Sotheby's and Christie's if you are shopping that end. Ebay, Craigslist, HiFi Shark, AudiogoN and local hi-fi shops that take trade-in gear are the usual places. It is a small hobby in the larger scheme, and having a sound system isn't the aspirational purchase it once was.