Why is solid state more popular when tubes are better?

Yes tubes are more involved and require periodic maintenance. Hybrid tube components need not apply, these are really solid state.

Tubes are better for multiple reasons and yet the world and the trade prefers solid state. Those rare audio shops that are geared toward stereo listening and serious connoisseurs tend to Focus more on tubes.  Those in business who like to improve volumes tend to offer solid state.  All the YouTube channels looking to improve their business tend to be solid state.  Maybe because tubes require much more expertise to sell, and there's lesser and lesser to go around. Solid state is more of a fast food commodity.

Tubes are difficult for businesses due to all the maintenance and complexity so you see it less often. Much much easier to sell hybrids or solid state.

emergingsoul

This thread was clearly designed by the OP to be provocative trolling.

bingo -- look at the history of what this op username has posted, in terms of new threads...  the topics, the questions, are inane

it’s only your opinion that tubes are better.   They are better at wasting electricity, heating your room, and adding distortion.  Your question is similar to why are computers so popular when pen and paper are better.  Or  why do they sell so many cars and trucks when sleighs and ox carts are better 

Im a big fan of running tubes in the pre-amp and SS for power. Currently running ARC ref6se with Parasound JC1+ blocks for power. I just love what they both bring to the party. I run JC1+ in low Bias settting (10W class A) during summer time and normal setting during winter (25W class A) The latter is where the amps sounds their best!

I am here on the parking but he text me that he will not be here soon...😊😊😊

@hilde45 and @mahgister go out on a parking lot and settle it. Oh and record it for TikTok and send us a link. 

This kind of thread is the reason I spend less and less time on Audiogon. My best, MrD.