Why Don’t You Post Your System on Your Profile?

Many of you ask others to advise you, but the answer to so many questions is system dependent.  Why don’t you post your system on your profile prior to requesting help?

vonhelmholtz

Showing 5 responses by mahler123

I tried to post it a few years ago and had difficulty.  It may be up thread but how does one do this?

Just added one in virtual systems.  My room is a mess and I’m not sure that I got the speakers in there so I will redo it after I clean it.

So the next thing I think we should be required to add is our Audiograms and/or hearing aid equipment.  My ability to hear speech has really deteriorated, especially in loud restaurants.  I still think I can hear music unimpeded, but I know that I am fooling myself.  I can definitely hear my wife snoring 

Looks like this thread has degenerated into a few people flinging invective at each other, as many threads tend to do.  Pity because there are some interesting takes on interesting issues buried within. 
  I posted my main system, but I think that such a requirement is unnecessary.  Ultimately we aren’t able to covey what our systems, no matter how costly they may get, actually sound like in a given room.  Even if we were able to post audio files here, the sound would be changed by the limitations of the site and the play back equipment of the user

.  Why stress out the members who are having technical issues?  I literally spend hours a day having to deal with IT issues.  These “Labor Saving Digital Technologies “ have created more work in my world because of all the security issues, than effort that have spared before they were so prevalent.  People come here to relax, not be further tortured by IT issues 

Why is it hard to avoid responding to provocations?  Didn’t people have mothers that taught them “If you can’t say anything nice, then don’t say anything?”

So while we are shaming those who won’t post their systems, we might as well require people to update the photo every time they change a component.  Heck there is one poster here that must go through about 40 DACs a year.  I hope his camera is in good shape.