Why do Tube Amps sound more romantic v SS amps

Question newbie on tube amps, why are tube amps according to people who own them say the sound is more say romantic sound vs SS amp ? 

What is better to own cost wise sound advantage single ended and push pull ?

Thanks guys excuse my inexperience on the tube issue.

128x128aseaman007

Showing 7 responses by jerryg123

Love my Tube Integrated:  X200. Listen to SS while working. Each has its nuances and qualities. Tubes are more soulful to me.  Like my tubed guitar amplifiers. 

No mistaking the sound of a V8 car, V-Twin or V Four motorcycle, Radial engine aircraft, tube amplifier, all sound so sweet!

Age old argument.

Tube or SS?  Who cares listen to the music not the gear.

Harley or Honda? Who cares just ride.

Ohio State or Michigan? GO BLUE!!!

@jumia just not true.

Legato Unum – Sonner Audio

I have heard that most speaker designs are built to deal with solid-state amplifiers. Add that buying a tube amp does not flourish with modern day speakers.  Wish I could recall specifics as to why this is.  Maybe someone else does.

The Legato Series was engineered in a way that they can be driven by a small or large vacuum tube or solid state amplifier and easy placement or set up in a room. Sophisticated cabinet design utilizing one piece molded curve cabinet, state of the speaker drivers, and high quality crossover components work in harmony with our Symmetrical Panoramic design crossover network to deliver a natural sound, effortless micro and macro dynamics, huge soundstage with a sense of air around the musician and instrument while maintaining music emotion.

This series was created to deliver musical expression, huge soundstage and vivid imaging on a small foot print with a more attainable price point.

@jumia still beg to differ, Klipsch, Volti, Audio Note, QLN, JBL, Bache, Zu, Fritz, Raven Audio, Spatial, KLH, DeVores, Sf, and I could go on and on.

Not SS or Tube it is watts and efficiencies if you are using flea watt tube amps.

Your statement maybe true for mass produced mid-fi. 

Think you need to broaden your horizons as there are many modern tube amplifier builders. 

Kick around these pages and other sites and you will see.