Why do so many sellers take offense to offers on their listings?

If you have the 'offer' feature activated then what's the problem with any offer. Comments like 'lowball' offers will be ignored just gives me a bad vibe. If your item has been up for sale then there is no insulting offer. I've made deals with people starting far apart and coming together. If you haven't noticed the audio market seems to have come to a standstill. Any opinions?

128x128bubba12

Showing 5 responses by tomic601

@jond i am pondering your generous offer, i can get back to you with my counter in a decade or so. Look for an email from getoffmylawngrouchyaudiophile.org

Thanks for making my Dad’s day……

My trip to the Honda dealer for service reveals a $40 k Civic with $10% ADM tacked on as the starting point…… I think Mike makes good points, good faith is essential…on both sides….

The ADM on a G wagon at the local Benz dealer was 40%. Glad i got ours when buyers had more sway……

So correct, i would never sell my 1961 MC240 at 95% of retail ( $199 )…. i will let Dad know he overpaid….

Unrealistic expectations are the domain of both buyers and sellers….

a few hundred off a $5k item isn’t insulting…… in my book anyway… but I am not well versed in Genesis…. 30% would have me looking in the hotel drawer…