why do so many discussions turn contentious?

just venting....why do so many discussion posts need to turn  contenious and nasty?  do you guys find that constructive and/or enjoyable?  I have no clue who or how this forum is moderated, but I sure would love to see a stop to that...it makes me feel like this hobby is dominated by total jerks.

Can't we play nice, share OPINIONS and OBSERVATIONS, realizing that  they often are subjective and biased.  
"if you dont have anything nice to say, say nothing"?  If you wish to disagree, do it in a constructive and mature fashion, no need for "argument ad hominem"...

with all the chaff, one must waste so much time finding the wheat, figuratively speaking.  

I doubt my writing this will change anything, but, like most social media, people writing to others without facing them does not bring out the best, sadly......

128x128jw944ts
@jw

.perhaps I am optimistic in thinking we have achieved a small step in that direction?

I’m going to be optimistic myself. Thanks for starting the thread and raising the self-awareness.
Post removed 
Say builder3, I don't at all share your take on the No Noise comment.  Please read his/her first paragraph again.  Nowhere is disagreement itself (like we are having here) called out.  Nope...as I see it, the focus in this case is meant to be on those whose writings clearly demonstrate that they are all about themselves, performers of sorts before an audience of faceless foils.  The medium in this case just happens to be an Audiogon forum.  Anyway, Happy Listening, all!

From 'The Horse Has Left The Barn', Chapter 1...
"I doubt my writing this will change anything, but, like most social media, people writing to others without facing them does not bring out the best, sadly......"

sgreg1
255 posts
09-19-2021 8:47am
It is the way of the “new world reset”. I liked to watch sit coms until they turned into social engineering so I quit watching them. I liked to watch sports as a get away for all the political bs on the news and tv. As soon as sports brought in the politics thanks to espn I quite watching sports. Whats left music, yes we all know through history musicians have made political statements but the difference was that music was trying to unite the people to push back against a tyrannical government. Difference now is that instead of uniting they are intent in dividing us and most modern musicians are now supporting the tyrannical governments. Case in point U2 I use to enjoy their music but tried to watch a concert and turned it off 30 min in. Was not going to listen to a billionaire tell me that everything in the world is my fault because I have worked my ass off to be where I am today and I do not want to give my hard earned earning to dead beats or billionaire politicians. I do enjoy this forum and when a link turns I just move on to the next one. Once there is no next one I will be done with the forum!

Angry old man alert.
I agree.  I thought this was a forum set up to share knowledge and for those who want to learn more to ask questions.  Instead, when someone asks a question someone seeks an opportunity to strike make them feel stupid for asking a question.  Eventually, those who are seeking knowledge become afraid to ask another question.  I think the moderator who notices these responses should warn that individual to stop.  If after that warning they do it again they should be removed.