why do so many discussions turn contentious?

just venting....why do so many discussion posts need to turn  contenious and nasty?  do you guys find that constructive and/or enjoyable?  I have no clue who or how this forum is moderated, but I sure would love to see a stop to that...it makes me feel like this hobby is dominated by total jerks.

Can't we play nice, share OPINIONS and OBSERVATIONS, realizing that  they often are subjective and biased.  
"if you dont have anything nice to say, say nothing"?  If you wish to disagree, do it in a constructive and mature fashion, no need for "argument ad hominem"...

with all the chaff, one must waste so much time finding the wheat, figuratively speaking.  

I doubt my writing this will change anything, but, like most social media, people writing to others without facing them does not bring out the best, sadly......

128x128jw944ts

Showing 16 responses by tomic601

Yes, you may have the letter O

My favorite speaker starting in O

Shahinian Obelisk 

Massive 2D imagescape….

next patient please…
iF time and phase, low diffraction baffle, and pistonic drivers and a low output cabinet put ya off, so be it… Enjoy your music and system. For many of us, since 1977 the above have been quite satisfying…..

oh and super good in room frequency response…. 11 bands of analog EQ below 120 hz….

Imagine how boring the  world would be…if everybody liked ________ fill in the blank…..
My Vandy 7 and 7 sing

Did i miss something? A faint disturbance in the Force, or just a fart ?

three easy the acolyte to the self appointed king , add to ignore list. i have….
@mozartfan talks a good game on objective measures. Please provide 4 for your “ reference “ wideband system; On axis frequency response, Impulse response, waterfall plot, and the laser scan of the driver showing breakup modes. A mere $500 for the latter in Germany. Giving you a pass on phase angle and impedance vs. frequency.
@hickamore 1952 Vincent Black Lightning

brilliant use of the Lyric dude

my best to you

jim
@jjss49 just looked at your system page, indeed so many permutations of musical presentation ;-) My highest compliments on your sojurn

Jim
almost like humming along, the happy idiot listener to a catchy tune..at the Hitler Youth concert….

Impossible for some to divorce the two…for the sake of “ can’t we all just get along “…
The programers should have thought about 11, the need for it, or lack of.

Seriously, the Aretha quote had me rolling. She was a singer on the bus tours for civil rights long before that great hit.  Ya gotta know your Reddit hate spouting audiophile for what they really are…..

I get a LOT of PM’s about “ standing up the the bully “. We shall overcome.
no worries. my cat said you were just an Albert sycophant, tucked in so tight you qualify for Nascar.
i am not a Bot, noway they would drink as much as i do…

Heavy look close in the red box above the P-51, game warden badge…. he was also an audiophile, etc..

Peace

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/7106#&gid=1&pid=10
Almarg was a saint and an engineer. He worked for a storied firm that designed, built and supported things that worked…had to work, must meet specifications. I don’t think colored stones had a place in improving radar detection performance…..

He is greatly missed