why do people feel the need to buy expensive cable

I have tried expensive cables and one's moderately priced. I would say there were some differences but I can't actually say the expensive cables were better. IMHO I believe a lot of people buy expensive cables because they don't actual trust their ears and are afraid of making a mistake. They figure the expensive cables are better for the fact they cost more. If you have a difference of opinion or share the same thoughts, I would like to hear about it.
taters

Showing 2 responses by pokee1016

You have to see what a system can do first and that's down to the details. Placement, the room, speaker stands, cabling, power. All these things can sometimes make a system sound ten times better than it did because they were overlooked.

Quality cables are a must if you want to get the best out of your system. I've known people who upgraded their speakers or other components before upgrading the cabling in their system. At the very least, get cables that can make your system perform and you don't have to go broke. Belden 8402  mic cable is a good place to start cheap. Kimber also has inexpensive cables that are solid. High end systems need cables that will bring out the most, that's the only reason to spend big bucks on cables.