Why didn't I sell my vinyl rig?

I've recently moved heavily into streaming and digital playback.  That system's core is the Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC with an Innuos Zenith Mk 3 / Phoenix USB.  Just added a LHY Audio SW-8 ethernet switch. Great cables all the way around. By most standards this is a reasonable mix of gear.  I run the Innuos Sense App as it sounds better than Roon. Love the convenience of digital and infinite supply of tunes from Qobuz.  My problem is this.  My vinyl rig generally sounds better.  Sometimes by a wide margin. Do others with both rigs have the same problem?

128x128skinzy

Showing 1 response by mahler123

I couldn’t wait for CDs to replace analog.  My lps were destroyed in a flood t the dawn of the CD era and I was exclusively digital for about 20 years.  Then I got into analog before concluding that my original preference for CDs (and now streaming) was correct and sold off my analog rig about 5 years ago.

I purchased a Technics Direct Drive a few months ago because I had always wanted one and I am very impressed.  I won’t be purchasing many lps as I am in the downsizing mode but this is the first turntable I have ever had that competes with Digital.

Ymmv but I think that it’s easier to get Digital right, but analog takes some work and probably more money.  Entry level analog doesn’t give the same satisfaction that entry level streamers or CDs afford.  High Resolution downloads or SACD/Blu Ray are also an experience that vinyl can’t begin to approximate imo.