Why are LCDs more popular than plasma?

I have a rough time seeing differences in picture quality between brands and models, but the difference between plasma and LCD are overt even to me. When I go to bestbuy, fry's, etc. and gaze at their displays of flatpannels, plasma televisions just look beautiful, despite the reflections, while LCDs just remind me of working on my laptop. Is there more merit to the quality of LCD than I observe or is there some other reason LCDs outnumber plasmas?
ohlala

Showing 1 response by jb8312

Well, I am just a regular schmoe when it come to HT issues...So, earlier this year I set out to assemble a solid HT. First up, was the TV.

I went to every store with in a 20 mile radius, and in LA, CA that is a lotÂ….My brain got sooo full of the pros/cons/dos/don't that I could no longer think straight. So, I took a couple of weeks off and went back at it with a fresh attitude but this time I had one and only one criteria. Which one do I like looking at the best the best?? Forget about all other factors, which one did I like the best then and now....and I had a decent budget to accomplish this task too. However, other than the size a selected, if I was constrained by a less budget I think I would have ended up in the same category as I did.

I ended up with the Pioneer Elite 60" Plasma - 1080i. In the end, the only strong alternative for was the "non-Elite" version of the same set.

I am a huge movie buff and I was looking for something, short or a pull-down screen, that would make my home movie experience the most enjoyable. I won.

Yes, I looked all the available technologies, but when I went back in to shop that second round I was drawn to the Plasmas in a way that cancelled out all others...

Enjoy, John